Finding Me

There is something to be said about finding the right word, nowadays it is also about finding the right font, the right mode of communication, by the time you actually get out what needs to be said it is more than likely all discombobulated  (I love that word by the way)... If I was a singer I would say that I have been busy working in the recording studio, have no fear, God did not bless me with a vocal talent for singing - so I will not pretend like he did. He did however give me the gift of writing. Writing not only my own thoughts and feelings, but write to be able to connect with people. 

One of the miniature journeys I have been on as of late has been the "finding me" phase. Like the Finding Nemo and now the very anticipated Finding Dory movie... it has been "Finding Me" full of new understandings, reconnected faith, and the cold hard reality of what I want and don't want to embrace. Finding me started before I turned 40, although only a couple of months before. I had initially wanted to embrace 40, be healthy going into 40, lose all that weight that I keep saying I must lose, get my hair done, change my image for happiness, get more in tune with my long term goals again... that kind of stuff. Sounds pretty average right? 

Well, I am anything but average, and that is the first thing I embraced. 

I wanted to remember what I loved about me, the last time I loved something about me, being caught up in every day life, in every demand that I placed on myself and I believed that every one around me placed on me - I constantly fell short and fell short of being happy. 


But then something happened. 

I don't know the perfect words, not for lack of trying, but something happened that made me realize that at the end of all things. At the end of the day, in the middle of a storm, in the midst of joyous occasions and in the depths of heartache...there is one thing constant. God. I will share a little more as time goes on, but for now... just know that when something happens as "coincidence"... it isn't. I am not a lucky person by nature. I am the one who falls into the 10% of mishaps. But my non-coincidences as I call them, are numerous and amazing. They will be shared bit by bit I promise!

But for now, the major announcement I have is that I am officially going to be signing with my new/old pen name starting with this post.  CassieAnneClaire. I used this name when writing in the late 90's and just recently had a "non-coincidence" arise that made me see the significance of what the name was then and now. Again, another story for a different post. 

Hugs and love
CassieAnneClaire

Comments

Popular Posts