Momma Bear



Momma Bear ~
How do I describe the love I have for my child
The adoring and adolescent desire
To hold him and hug him without letting go
When I would snuggle and stare and his perfect small toes
As he has grown I hug him and say
Please don’t grow up too much today
He kindly looks at me with his brilliant amazing eyes

He says, mom but of course I will grow, but hard I won’t try
Just like you don’t want me to get big and grow up
I don’t want you to stop hugging and loving me so much
I looked at him kindly and replied without hesitation
My son, how I love you no matter which life station
You happen to be in or going straight through
I will love you forever, I will love you to the moon.
He smiled and went to walk away, then turned and said,
Mom, remember this I also love you to the moon AND back.
My heart fluttered then as if the first time I had held him.
Now standing before me a young man he is today ~
My baby, my darling, forever you’ll stay
Deep in my heart, like all momma bears share
My children are my everything, so please beware.



CassieAnneClaire ©  

Comments

Popular Posts