Dear Baby of mine

This was written for those who are climbing their own relationship mountains. Some with loved ones, some with spouses, and some with friendships… either way. We have to believe in ourselves and God first and foremost before we can be of any good to those around us….


Dear Baby of mine
There are times when I am weak and my confidence is small
When my belief in what is real is nothing but the fall
From grace and from love and from all that is real
From the mercy and forgiveness of Jesus Christ my darling dear
No break of honesty, of trust, faith, or vow has been made
But I committed to you my best of me – to give to you all my days
I have failed on that so in the past few short time
I wonder so much if you will forgive me of this crime

The focus on pity, on the mountain at large
Instead of seeing who my climbing partner is and what minions we inspire
What the journey and stories along the way through this life
Has impacted and impressed upon those we care about in easy and in strife
I am sorry my dear baby for feeling lost and so scared
I commit to you what I can in this montage of shame:
I commit to myself to pursue what is good, to pursue the right path
To no longer run or hide down as in the past
To consider my heart in this expedition and adventure
To believe in myself, dig down, and simply conquer.
I will acknowledge God above as the conqueror and reason
To you my darling baby I thank for each individual season
For loving me and being patient while we both figure the next step




CassieAnneClaire © 

Comments

Popular Posts