My five...

I saw an interesting picture the other day – it said “You become like the top five people you spend time with – Choose carefully”… I started to think about that and after 24 hours here is what I have come up with.
Throughout my life I have had a different five. Sometimes not all the best and definitely not worth writing about… but for my life now and the direction this “30something” (okay I am actually 40 but stop telling people please!) my five are these.

First: My husband. When I think of spending time – I also include who I communicate with the most. That would be the most – my husband. He is truly my best friend, he is caring, honest, loving, and a definite smart ass right when it is hilarious to be. He is passionate and driven – he perseveres and he is a leader. And my best friend. He is an amazing father to our two boys, he loves to take care of those around him -0 many times without him even knowing he has done anything worthwhile – but people notice and appreciate it. He is a gentle giant and a quiet bear, but when the time comes for strength and a general counsel of good – he is the one who stands taller than all. My husband.

Second person: My oldest son, a 12 year old who has the intellect of a wise old man. He spouts off more useless knowledge in his noggin. He is so respectful to all around him, he is genuine and caring. He is a very creative writer and artist. He is brilliant at sports. He is tender and sometimes finding the right way to tread water – just like me. He wants to be amazing and do amazing things with his life – just like I did… (And still do…) His passion to be accepted and to be honorable are amazing, even as he navigates the pre-teen years of craziness – he is truly amazing.

Third person: My youngest son. He is 9 and he is the baby of the family, but he wouldn't want you to know it. He is funny and charismatic – but that is dimmed by his genuine heart and actions for others around him to be treated fairly, equally, and respectfully. His desire to be good is succumbed to what he believes God believes in him. He is a champion and strives to be the best at everything he does, just like his dad, his brother, and maybe a little bit of me in there. He is nine so he works on being a good sport when he loses… he has gotten much better.

Fourth person: My mother. I talk and text with my mom. She knows my heart and knows its strength and its many weaknesses. She holds faith in her hand and heart like I do…. Brick by brick. She is so talented and creative. Her laughter lights up a room when she isn't even in it. Her compassion for people in general is stellar. What an example this woman has set for all those who have come to love her. She raised three children, who are all married with children. Each having a solid base of faith and belief in family. She has stood by countless friends over the years through “hardships” and “greatship”… She embodies crazy and beauty in one. She speaks kindness toward others, but struggles to say the confident beauty about herself. But don’t think for a second she will appear or be a certain way for anyone other than herself. This I adore about her and want to be more like. I love this woman so incredibly much. She is truly just an angel among us all the time. (and there were many years I didn't see that or think that – but that is for another day)


Fifth person: Me. I spend much time by myself. My amazing hubby works nights and mids and odd shifts so many times I find myself alone after the kids go to bed. I have gone through many years of “filling” the emptiness but had not successfully come into my own standing until earlier this year. I have found me to be kind, compassionate, a fighter, a person of faith. I have my own mountains I must climb such as – physically taking care of myself and not second guessing myself. My good acquaintances and friends would maybe not know these types of things about me – I am loud and an extrovert – and nervous and shy (which is masked by my loud ability to try and be the funny big girl in the room). This is my current mountain. Be more soft spoken and speak deliberately – not out of… fear.

I look at my five people. I am overwhelmed because if my list was my top ten people… those other five I would tell you about are as brilliant as the other four I mention here. Truly blessed.. If I am to become like the top people in my life – I am glad they are people of belief and faith, people of perseverance and compassion, people of genuine care and desire, and people who want the world to be a better place. Who are your top five?

CassieAnneClaire ©


Comments

Popular Posts